Monday, January 30, 2012

Our Babes are STUBBORN

I am officially 38 weeks and 4 days... if you would have told me I would still be pregnant today back in December I would have cried.  Typical twin pregnancies deliver between 32 and 37 weeks.... obviously that is not the case here.  I really should be proud that my pregnancy and babies are extremely healthy to have lasted this long.  In the back of my head though I am just panicking at just HOW big they are getting to be.

Last week we called the doctor about inducing and the nurse said we can induce as early as Wed, Feb 1st, so we scheduled it.  Then at our dr apt on Thursday we were told that since our babies are healthy the hospital won't allow us to induce until Friday, Feb 3rd.  To be honest I was a little bit relieved because I really dont like the idea of inducing.  The doctor said that the risk when inducing is a longer labor, higher chance of cesarean etc... I am praying that I go into labor on my own before Friday because I don't know if I could pull the trigger to induce.

We have another dr appointment today where we get an ultrasound, heart monitoring and checked by the doctor. My dr knows just how frustrated I have been that now he always starts off with, I will check you to see if you are dilated as long as you promise not to be sad if you're not... I must show my emotions on my sleeve. ha!

At this point I am just praying to go into labor on my own before Friday.  I'll try to keep everyone posted.

No comments: