Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baby Arrival Update

We went to the doctor today to get an update on how the babies are doing and to see if I can get off bed rest.  I am 36 weeks tomorrow and so happy that I have made it this far, especially with all the preterm labor I have been having.

The babies look good. Baby boy appears to have some fluid in his kidney but the doctor says that most of the time it goes away on its own after delivery. I guess the tube that goes from his kidney to his bladder is 2 centimeters when it should only be 8 millimeters, scary if you ask me.  I guess it's not super bad because the doctor isn't rushing me into the OR for an emergency delivery.

We learned that our babies legs are measuring in the 98th percentile which is LONG!  We also learned that our little man is weighing in at a whopping 6 lbs 14 ounces, 78th percentile and our little lady is a modest 6 lbs 6 ounces, 58th percentile. Gosh I hope they come sooner rather than later!! They are great size babies for twins but I'm afraid if they stay in much longer I am going to have two huge babies to deliver!

The doctor told us he is extremely happy that we made it this far and is ok with them delivering any day now... Woohoo!!! So I am off bed rest, even though I can barely do more than I did while on it.  We'll have to see how it all goes... I'm not dilated at all and my cervix is still shut so this might be a while.. Bring on the lunges, spicy food, walking etc!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Good luck! We are so excited for you guys!!

Jessica Lynn Perkins said...

So excited for you guys! And as a lot of people mentioned in an earlier post, don't be scared (especially of the epidural-it only makes things better =)) Can't wait to see pics of those little bundles and hear how it all happened!

Allison said...

So excited for you!