Friday, December 23, 2011

I'm home!!!

After two and a half days in Labor and Delivery I am finally home!!!  I've gotta say though after the second day I was actually enjoying my stay, it was great staying in bed, having visitors and not doing anything but relaxing.
My doctor came in this morning and heard that I was actually enjoying myself and asked me if I was sure I wanted to leave.  If it weren't Christmas this weekend I probably would have just stayed a day or two more but they would have had to take out the IV, I can't stand that thing.  When I am home I am restless thinking of all the things I could be doing or need to do etc. which is really hard when you are on strict bed rest.

The doctor put me on an oral drug called Indomethacin, it's an organ relaxer and is definitely making the contractions subside.  Oh and did I mention I made a new friend?... Ambien. Can I just take a moment to thank the genius behind such a miracle drug?!  Right before I was going to bed last night room next to me a lady had her baby and all I could hear were screams and shrills of excitement as well as a screaming baby, it was cute but just not as cute as if it were my own I guess.  My saint of a nurse came in and offered me an Ambien and I eagerly jumped on the offer.  I finally slept and felt well rested when Brian came to the hospital in the morning after his shift at work.

Now I am at home drugged up and chained to my couch.  My cousin Abby was a total lifesaver today, she not only came over to visit but she picked up a bunch of stuff from Target for me and helped me wrap my Christmas gifts! A HUGE help, thanks Abby!

As of right now, I am on strict bed rest and can pretty much twiddle my thumbs for the next four days until my next doctors appointment on Tuesday, unless I have more contractions and have to return to the hospital.  Right now the goal is to keep these babes in until I am at least 36 weeks which is 3 weeks away.  If the babies came today they would have to spend 3 weeks in the NICU to learn how to regulate their temperature and to eat which isn't bad but still not fun.  Every week I get closer to 36 means one less week in the NICU so fingers crossed!

Thank you everyone again for your thoughts and prayers for us and our little family.  I am so lucky to have so many family and friends praying for us.

No comments: