Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I'm back...

Looks like these babes really want to make their debut early, either that or my body wants to kick them out early.  I went to my follow up doctors appointment this morning and they put me on monitors, unfortunately my contractions were still coming at a rate they weren't happy with so they sent me to the hospital.  I am on monitors and have to stay at least for 24 hours.  They have given me the first of a set of two steroid shots (total OUCH, it's in the bum!) to help the babies lungs just in case they come super early.  I also got another shot of Terbutaline to help ease my contractions.

The doctor wants to try and keep the babies in until at least 36 weeks, I am 32 weeks and 5 days so hopefully I can make it another 3 weeks.  He said if my contractions stay the way they are in 24 hours when he comes to check on me then I might have to stay longer and continue to be monitored.  I am not dilated at all and my cervix is 3 cm thick so I at least have that going for me.  I was told that the preterm labor contractions are a reaction from my body not wanting to expand anymore and thinking it's time... SUPER.

No comments: