Saturday, September 20, 2008

Weekend Getaway



















Brian called me at work around 2:00 PM and asked if I could get leave work now to go on a quick trip. I talked to my boss and within 10 minutes I was on my way home. We went to San Diego and stayed at an adorable hotel right on the water. At night we walked around some shops and watched the sunset in the bay.














Today we woke up early and went to see the National Monument Cabrillo. We walked around the cemetery of War veterans, a really cool lighthouse and walked down to the beach.

Afterwords we went to the Aerospace Museum and learned about the history of airplanes. It was really cool, they had lots of neat displays and they even had the actual Apollo 9 Command Module.

Lastly we went to the Maritime Museum of boats. We took a 40 minute boat tour of the bay, walked through a Russian submarine which was incredible and toured The Star of India.

The best part about this whole weekend was spending it with my wonderful husband who put it all together. It was so nice to get away and spend some time doing something educational and fun!

Thanks honey for an amazing weekend, it was absolutely perfect. I love you!

2 comments:

Courtney N said...

I love San Diego! There is so much to see there. Im glad you guys had such a great weekend... and your hair looks super cute!!

Lisa said...

What a neat weekend. Way to go Brian!!!
Love ya, Aunt Lisa
p.s. i love the hair color!