Sunday, August 15, 2010

No Motivation, lots of Procrastination

I have been the Queen of procrastination, exhibit A: this blog..., I really haven't felt like I have had anything worth posting and anything I have thought of I kept pushing off posting it until I have forgotten all about it completely. My schedule is super repetitious and at the end of each day I am wiped out... plus it's even harder because Brian goes to bed at 9 every night and I have been so bored that I have started to go to bed at the same time (which is killer in the morning for me because I lay in bed awake for at least an hour before getting ready for work, I thought I could go running but it's still dark outside and I refuse to run in the dark).

So today I was going over in my head all of the things I need to do and all the things I want to do and decided to make a list...

My NEED to do list:
  • Organize my office/guest room/future(oneday)baby room
  • Take my sewing machine in for repair (neither Brian, myself or my mom know how to fix it)
  • Finish going through my childhood boxes my parents dumped off in my garage
  • Take old clothes to DI
  • Organize my kitchen cupboards
  • Paint my garage (maybe)
My WANT to do list:
  • Jewelry frame board (I have been wanting to make a jewelry organizer since last year, I just haven't found a frame I'm in love with or one that is big enough for my long necklaces)
  • More flower head bands
  • Refashion some old shirts
  • Replace base boards
  • Cards for all occasions
  • Memory quilt (in the boxes of junk my parents brought me I found a ton of shirts from sports, youth conference, EFY and the like, I know I will NEVER wear any of them again but I didn't want to just give them to DI or throw them away. I am going to cut out the logos and special designs and put them together to make a quilt of memories) eventually. :o)
  • Baby girl jewelry/accessories (my sister in law is pregnant with their second, a GIRL!)
I know there is more on that list I just can't remember it all... so for now I think I have my work cut out for me.

Hopefully by making this list I will muster up enough energy to work on SOMETHING and be able to check off the things on my list. WISH ME LUCK!!!

2 comments:

Whitmore Family said...

We have very similar lists. I have like five or so boxes of childhood stuff I need to go through. I am putting that off as long as possible!

Karilyn Carreon said...

I finally just cleaned through our office, my closet and cleaned out/organized our food storage and linens. I got up early one day when Jon was at school and just did it! Before hand, we organized all our holiday and childhood boxes into 3 big bins instead of 6 smaller bins so that helped a lot!