Sunday, February 24, 2008

Just call me MRS. BOOKWORM

So up until about six months ago, I wasn't really a big reader. I would read a book every now and then and by that I mean once a year. Last August I went to see the latest Harry Potter movie, I have never read any of the books but have been a faithful watcher of the movies. Brian downloaded the CD version of the book and listened to it at work. When the movie ended and we were walking out to the car he was telling me that there was a LOT missing from the book in the movie. Well I felt left out of the loop and decided that I wanted to see what all was really being left out. I read the whole series in about 2 weeks and absolutely LOVED it!

Ever since then I have been picking up books here and there and reading like crazy. Last month I read about 7 books, most were recommended to me by my coworkers. I must say that I am becoming quite the little bookworm. :-)

Last month my friend Paola came over and I was telling her that I was thinking about starting my own book club. She expressed to me that she was not a big reader but wanted to start reading more than just the gossip columns. One week later we did it, we stared our own book club and now have roughly 4 members with 2 other promising joinees. We are reading THE FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES, by Gary Chapman. I have read it a couple times already but I LOVE it. I highly recommend it!!!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Okay ....I want to join your book club!! Any room for other members....i love to read but i really only read when I need to do it for something!