Sunday, January 3, 2010

Brian's Birthday Cake

This post is long over do... Brian's birthday was back in November and I really wanted to make him a specialty cake. I have taken every cake decorating course that has been offered by Wilton and haven't made a whole lot of cakes... but here it is.... I chose to make a sushi cake because Brian is a HUGE sushi fan. Don't worry it's all sugar and no fish. :-) PS. That chocolate egg looking thing is NOT an egg... it's soy sauce... not one of my proudest cake decor pieces.

2 comments:

Brian said...

This is the sweetest birthday cake I have ever seen! My name is Brian and I am turning 28, and I really hope you don't sue me but I borrowed the cake picture as a event picture for my 28th BDay invite on facebook. I did share a link to your blog though :) lol... I wish I knew someone who was this talented to make me a cake like this! :D

HMutrais said...

So I found your cake picture on Pinterest because I'm looking to make a cake for my sister for her birthday and she's a huge sushi fan. Then, I see that you got married in the Newport Beach temple and was like "Whoa! She's LDS!". So cool! My husband and I received our endowments in Newport Beach then got sealed in San Diego. Anyways, I don't suppose you can tell me what each item on the cake is made with? Like the wrap for the rolls? Is that licorice? Thank you so much!